The online reactivation tool requires you to have a Passport York account. If you came to York on or after 1982 and are having difficulties signing-in, follow the instructions on the Passport York Login page. If you last came to York before 1982, please contact Registrarial Services for assistance.
- You can submit Reactivation (return to last academic program) request starting from Jan 1 for Summer Session and March 1 for Fall/Winter Session. If you are submitting Reactivation with Faculty Transfer or Degree Change (different academic program) you can do so for Fall/Winter session only by following the time lines on the Program Change page. Requests submitted by February 1 for the summer session or May 1 for the fall/winter session will normally be processed by the beginning of the enrolment period for the relevant session. Requests submitted after these dates will be processed as soon as possible, but there is no guarantee that they will be processed before the enrolment period or the beginning of classes.
- Reactivation requests will not be accepted after the last day to enrol in the term without permission of the instructor(s); for details, visit the Important Dates section of this Web site.
- Reactivation requests can take up to four weeks to process.
Courses Completed Elsewhere
- If you completed courses at any other postsecondary institution since you were last at York without a Letter of Permission from York, you must reapply through the Office of Admissions.
- If you completed courses at any other university while on a Letter of Permission from York, you must arrange for official transcripts to be sent directly to the Registrar’s Office as soon as possible.
- You can search the ONTransfer database to see if there are some potential credits that you may get from York for courses taken at another institution.
- Students who were debarred or who failed to gain standing are not eligible for reactivation. Please reapply through the Office of Admissions directly.
- Students will not be reactivated to a program that is no longer offered; you will be required to choose an alternate program of study.
- Due to limited enrolment space and Faculty-specific requirements, approval of your reactivation request is not guaranteed. Certain programs have earlier deadlines for new transfers than others. If your requested program is no longer accepting reactivations for the session you want, you may apply for another future re-entry point.
- If you have an outstanding debt, you may reactivate your academic record, but you will be blocked from enrolling.
Changing Your Program While Reactivating
- If you are considering changing your major, degree program or Faculty while reactivating your record, it is very important that you understand the information regarding eligibility and timelines on the Program Change page.
Information for Former Arts and Atkinson Students
Information for Pre-2006 Psychology, Nursing, Health Studies and Kinesiology Students
- Be advised that your program has moved to the Faculty of Health. For more information about how this may affect your degree requirements, contact the Faculty's Advising Office.